How to change your name on your PAN card at Home?
There are various reasons why you might want to change the name of a PAN Card. Sometimes the quote or errors in the spelling of the name or mismatch in the PAN card is not consistent with the Aadhaar card.
Or it is a reason to add a last name in the name of daughters after marriage. So the Income Tax Department has simplified the process of changing the name on your PAN card. Users of PAN cards can easily change their name online from the comfort of their own home.
PAN card is one of the most crucial documents for Indian nationals. This is proof of identity, not just for tax purposes. The Income Tax Department of India offers this laminated card with a unique ten-digit alphanumeric code. However if you give your PAN card with an incorrect or incomplete name or you want to amend your name you will not have to worry because these difficulties can be easily alleviated.
How to change the name of a PAN Card
1) First of all PAN card holders should go to UTIITSL’s official site and then click on the PAN card services which appear at the bottom of the home page.
2) After this you need to click on Change / Correction in the Pan Card option.
3) After this you will see the option with the change / correction in the PAN card details and click on it. As soon as you click on this option a page with the option for Change / Correction in PAN data will open in front of you.
4) After this you will see two options: one physical (in which you need to forward the application with physical documents) and the other option digital (forwarding application with digital documents) ie paperless. If you want a paperless process, choose the second option.
5) Below this you will see the first Aadhaar based e-KYC option (Aadhaar details will be found) box If you select this option the site will automatically select the next option using Aadhaar based eSain.
6) After this you will need to enter your PAN card number as well as the mode you want to update the PAN card, physical PAN card and E-PAN or only E-PAN. After that, press the submit button shown below.
7) Fill in all the basic details that are asked of you in the application form and then pay.
8) Aadhaar authentication is done in real time by UIDAI server for eKYC service and OTP is accepted on your mobile.
9) After entering OTP the address is added to your PAN card from the UIDAI database.
10) After this you need to check the application data and other details and then click the Submit button. After this you will get another OTP for eSign. Your application will be saved by UTIITSL.